Monday, September 14, 2020

Outer Limits

Today I will have been at the monastery for four months.  This is the outer limits of my usual summer stay.  So whatever happens beyond this will be all new to me.  We have had some chilly weather and snow while the heat is not yet on and I have gotten through that with a minimum of whining, well, a minimum for me.  Usually, after four months I am looking forward to the next thing, Boulder, San Francisco,  all which is future-think.  But since there is not future thinking going on in my head at this time, I am content with being where I am.  The Grace of Senior Years is to realize that I am not missing out on anything.  In Covid times, the young do not have this luxury.  These times are very hard for them.  One thing to think about given that so many of us are "home" a lot, is why do you spend time and energy thinking about getting away?  What is the matter with home?  Unless of course you live in San Francisco where it is the "Red Planet" sky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment