Thursday, September 10, 2020

Vaccine Shots

 I ma typing this blog now, soon after my two shots, Shingles #1 and Booster flu shot for old folks, because my arms will be falling off soon and I will have fever and chills.  But hopefully no flu or shingles.  Second shingles shot in two months.  My baby sister did the same thing a few days ago.  Last year I waited to get flu shot till early October and the country was out of dosage.  The spiritual path requires that we do something about this shell of a body that houses the spirit within.  All prayer and no vaccines can be a bit of an unbalanced way of life nowadays.  There are very few pharmacies up here in the mountains where I am, so the demand is great, and there can be a wait.  I am reading a 500+ page history book so I was prepared.  Chairs full of people waiting for their flu shots.  At least now when I pray I won't be thinking about what a baby I am for not going to get my shingles shot.  I heard rumors of pain and suffering.  So I ate some sugar as soon as I got home.  I know it makes no sense, but I used up my little common sense in going to get the shots.  How about you?  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honesty. I do things that don’t make sense either.

    ReplyDelete