Tuesday, September 8, 2020

God

 I am puzzled a bit by people who say that they do not believe in God because it has no certainty.  It is made up by imagination or some emotion such as fear or loneliness.  There would be no truth in the word “god’ for them.  It is all made up.  But many of these same people believe in Facebook or other media centers in cyberspace.  They believe what they read in newspapers that appeal to their politics.  But as we are coming to know there is a lot of information that is “news” but it is not “fact.”  Yet people choose to believe and maybe it is based upon some of the same feelings such as fear.  And such people never question this news or information anymore than a religious fundamentalist questions their beliefs in A God.  I think of myself as an ongoing searcher within my faith.  It keeps me open and growing.  To believe something or to deny something simply because it fits or does not fit with where you are, stunts growth.  Where you are may not be where you are called to be.  Just because you are comfortable does not mean that growth is over.  

1 comment:

  1. If they had been through what I have just been through, Corona Virus, and feel the anguish I felt, they would believe and love God πŸ™ Our Father with all their might. I am still positive, but I think I am over the worst. All my thoughts while I was going through it was asking Jesus and our Blessed Mother Mary πŸ™ to help me and my two daughters that were also positive, during my sleep and at every waking moment I would believe that they were the only medicine that would get me and my girls through. I think we are over the worst, thanks to my Lord Jesus Christ and our Blessed Mother Mary. To me those that do not believe in God are lost and without knowing they are still searching for the Lord without them knowing, but I claim in Jesus name that they will come to know our Lord Jesus Christ πŸ’•πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete