Sunday, September 13, 2020

r Hopeless

 When you have no power to make a change for the better, it does not mean that you are hopeless.  Don't confuse helpless with hopeless.  Many people do.  Helpless means self-help.  I cannot make the change by myself or by my own power.  Hopeless would mean that there is no solution or help from anywhere else.  Spiritual paths say that there is hope, and the people who go most deeply into these paths are people who know that left alone to their own devices, they will never reach any potential for being their best selves.  My religion is most helpful and hopeful when I surrender, admit I need help, and then do the work.  When I think I have some power to negotiate, or use my religion as some magic to make changes, I usually end up a mess.  My religious practice does not mean that I can do some ritual and then go off and do whatever self-willed project I desire.  it is not about getting my way.  It is about following The Way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment