Thursday, December 30, 2021

Birthdays

 I think today is the birthday of Carol Ann Kennedy, who has another last name now.  I remember some birthdays besides my family.  I remember my college roommates birthday, and a friend I met in the seventh grade, and one of my Paulist associates when I was in Knoxville.   There are a few others too and they all had some significance in my life I guess, at a certain time.  I learned from them.  I am what I am today in part because of people in my life.  Now, hardly anyone remembers my birthday.  My insignificance will keep me humble.  Humility is a good thing.  So don’t get upset if no one remembers your birthday.  Spiders have to live someplace making their cobwebs.  Why not your mailbox?  

1 comment:

  1. I am one who can still confuse birthdays at times,a humbling process. However, March 28th (I believe) is a time to celebrate all of the gifts I have learned from you sharing your heart in this beloved blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete