Friday, December 10, 2021

The Widow's Mite

The widow's mite refers to "giving one's all."  Should I ever have a chance for reflection on my death bed, that is, I don't have a sudden death experience, what will I wish I had given more of myself to?  I wish I had spent more time in the gym?  I wish I had spent more time on the internet?  Amassing an empire?  A hobby?  The golf course?  Jogging?  Writing blogs?  No, I probably would say, "I wish I had given myself more time at prayer," since it does seem that I might very well be on the way out of this life as I know it.  I would rather not have such regrets on my deathbed.  I'd rather be content, free from fear, knowing that I did give myself to that prayer time.  So I had better get off this computer.  I keep my blogs short so you can have more time for prayer, should you so choose.   

1 comment: