Friday, December 31, 2021

End Of Year

 Where did 2021 go? Well, here is an end of year thought.  One time, Jesus was in the middle of a packed house.  Full capacity.  Some guys come along with a friend on a stretcher.  Can’t get in.  So they go up onto the roof, rip it open and lower the stretcher and man into center of room right under the nose of Jesus.  They never asked for anything.  Most people think they wanted Jesus to do something for their friend, like heal him.  Why?  Maybe their friend just wanted to listen, and did not really want anything else.  I find too often, that I pray because I want something.  Less frequently, I pray just to be in the presence of my God, Power, One, and listen.  So that is my parting 2021 thought.  God is with you.  Let it be enough.  Be still.  Listen.  Oh, and go to bed early and sober.  

No comments:

Post a Comment