Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Enough

 Greed and jealousy/envy, are about “not enough.”  I would tend to be jealous of someone getting special attention, as I saw it, because I feel deep down that I am not enough.  I am comparing, contrasting, and speculating about that person, rather than being happy for them in the attention they are getting.  When I feel that I am not enough, it is hard to celebrate another person’s life and success.  Greed is when I don’t feel that I have enough.  I want what they have.  Jealousy too can come in here.  The way I get out of this dilemma of not enough is to get another opinion.  The spiritual path is in part getting the God opinion.  God’s view is that I am enough.  Greed and jealousy drop away as I embrace the God view, and I am better able to relate and celebrate those around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment