Friday, April 1, 2022

All

 If your life is not going well, and you want to change you, rather than someone or something else, you might have to be all in.  I have met people who want to drop a bad habit that seems to control their whole life.  Their solution, which I have found to be fruitless, is to drop the addiction, give up the addiction, or problematic part of their life as they see it, but then try to control all other aspects of their life.  They try to stay manager of some parts of their life.  It does not work for me.  I cannot say that I will now live at the monastery as the only change in my life.  Not much will happen with this partial letting go of address and a bit of life style.  I have to be willing to let go of lots more self-management.  It is called surrender.  It is much easier to change address, as if that were the total solution.  Any addictive situation affects All of yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment