Friday, April 8, 2022

The Doing

As someone said, "I am what I do, not what I say."  How true.  People, well, some people, tell me that I am a good preacher.  That makes me and my ego feel good.  But preaching is talking.  I must keep a vigil about my "doing action."  I have met people who are in ruts or maybe routines.  But when they hear a new idea, they chime enthusiastically for that idea.  But then they do not embrace it in their actions.  The routines or ruts win out.  If I think something is a good idea, but I know in my heart I am not going to do it, for any number of reasons, I try to make sure that I say that.  And if I am being rigorously honest, say why I am not going to do this good thing.  Keep my talking and doing linked.   

1 comment:

  1. My spiritual director says, "in the doing, we become." If I want to more generous, then do it. If i want to be more living, each morning, my prayer ends with what I will do that day.

    ReplyDelete