Saturday, April 9, 2022

No One Looking

 Someone gave me the "shopping cart measure."  If you want to measure how well you are doing in service work, ask yourself if you put the shopping cart back into its parking lot rack, or better, back into the store?  Do you do the right thing when no one is looking?  Food chains are having trouble finding workers.  One place they lack personnel is in the business of retrieving shopping carts.  The carts can sit all over the parking lot for quite some time, which also means less shopping carts in the store for customers to use.  I admit that I reluctantly, with little joy in my heart, take the cart back to the store.  OK, if I have a really bad, that is, far away from entrance parking space, I will put the cart into the parking lot rack.  But at least I do it, and it helps old people.  I am old too, and appreciate a cart at the entrance to the store when I arrive to shop.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a firm believer in bringing your cart back and am usually with my youngest son. We each bring a "floating cart" in with us and he gets to ride on ours on the way back when our shopping is unpacked. It's something fun we do together and is as simple as giving a stranger a smile. Plus you never know who's day might be brightened. :)

    ReplyDelete