Thursday, March 31, 2022

Emotional Quicksand

 I was reminded of something called, "Emotional Quicksand."  It refers to such a frustration with reality that we begin to question our commitments.  Emotional energy takes over in response to some event(s) in our life, and we begin to sink into doubts from which there does not seem to be any escape.  For me, it might be, "Why am I in the monastery?  People and events are not being like they should!  I am getting out of here."  Substitute your job. location where you live, relationship you are in, and it is all the same response when emotions rule the brain and the will.  As a way out of this conundrum, I remind myself that I am having an emotional "episode" and it will pass.  Or as someone said, "This too shall pass."  

No comments:

Post a Comment