Thursday, March 10, 2022

Serendipity

 When I can get out of myself, preoccupation with myself, I seem to be more open to discoveries in the world around me.  Example: I am going for first cup of coffee in the early morning dark.  As I come out of the kitchen, I catch the mostly full and bright moon about to set.  It is serendipitous.  I am not looking for this.  I am barely out of bed, but I am also out of my self-preoccupation.  Example: it is early evening and the sun has recently set. I look up from a window and see the colors of the sky clouds shining in the sun that has set.  I cannot see the sun but I can see its effects.  I stop and look at this free beautiful artwork of nature.  Serendipity.  I don’t generally enjoy being all caught up in my “problems,” so why do I do it?  Why do you?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the insightful question wrapped in beautiful images of God's handiwork. Serendipitous in it's timing for me. I so appreciate the light you channel each day. Hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete