Thursday, March 3, 2022

Binge Thinking

 I tend to drift into or rush into what is called “binge thinking.”  I am going along OK, more or less in touch with reality, the here and now.  Then suddenly I am into the not so real world of fantasy and story filled with grandiosity and fiction.  I may be going about doing something in the moment, and this task does not cease.  All that ceases is my presence in the present reality.  I create my own world of alternative facts and history, real enough at the moment to me, but far from “ be here now.” When I come out of my binge thinking, or stop it, I wonder, “Why this false world?  What am I running from?”  The truer spiritual life calls to me at that moment, “I am over here Terry.  Come and wrestle with reality.”

2 comments:

  1. From our "Jebby" friends: Be attentive, intelligent, responsible, and reasonable.

    ReplyDelete