Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Hardly Anyone

 I was teaching in one of my "zoom" presentations where I could look down at the bottom of the screen and see how many people were in attendance.  One day the count was rather dismal, and I said to myself, "I am done.  Hermit time.  Hardly anyone is listening."  After the talk ended, you probably are one of the legion of non-attendees, I had a sudden inspiration, a God-shot, as they say.  "Hardly anyone," is still "someone."  I am teaching someone.  Some one person may be helped by what I do.  My ego got right-sized.  I was at peace.  I am helping some one.  This is enough for today.  Anyone reading these blogs?

8 comments:

  1. Read and appreciate your blogs. I sometimes pass them on. This blog reminds me that we are responsible for the effort not the result. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you are inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every morning. It's not unusual for me to refer to something you said in a blog in my conversations with friends. Always something to ponder. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Father Terry!
    Lots of us out here but many of us are too "busy" to reply... We are reading and listening to your wonderful and blessed writings. We miss you in Boulder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always look forward to reading your blog, as you often pinpoint just what I need to hear or to be reminded of before "heading in the wrong direction" in mind or in actuality! Thanks for your daily thoughts/lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I may not have known about your class but I'm of the tribe that reads your blog daily. Don't forget the saying, it only takes 2 people to have a meeting... This applies to classes too! You're a light I look forward to each day and I'm thankful for your God shot. Hugs and gratitude across the miles!

    ReplyDelete