Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Baker

 When I am a baker at my best, it is not the bread that is the best, but the baker.  Say what?  Well, I am giving myself through the bread that I am making.  I am giving all of me, heart, soul, body and strength for the people for whom I am baking this bread.  If I am baking to be liked, or for ego congratulations, or with any resentments, self-pity about doing this baking, then I am not giving myself.  Baking as self-giving in love reminds me of someone who once took fresh baked bread and gave it to his friends saying, “This is my body.”  That is the baker at his best.  It is what I aim for when baking for others.  Unfortunately, too many times the bread is good and nourishing but the baker is a mess on his insides.  All baking is a work in progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment