Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Wish someone a Happy St.Pat's Day.  If they ask you, "Are you Irish," why not say, "I am a person."  If they are sober or intending to stay sober, your reply could lead to something besides your ethnic roots, Irish or not.  "I am a person" might be a good answer at any social event in which you might like to make a connection more memorable than what you do for work or where you live, all OK but "I am a person" does startle people a bit.  If it goes nowhere, what have you lost?  Chit chat is safe, but is that all you want?  Then why are you at that gathering?  Am I a monk?  No.  I am a person.  The most interesting people will want to know more.  And is that not a good reason to go to a social event?   

No comments:

Post a Comment