Wednesday, March 2, 2022

The Expert!

 I was approached by cell phone to give a talk to a group of about 400+ on the topic of recovery.  It is a group out of the East Coast time zone. Fortunately I was reminded by someone that I am not the expert on this or any issue that has a spiritual dimension.  I am not the doctor, but always the patient.  I read, pray, meet with others on the spiritual path not so much so that I will become more of the expert but rather because I am always the patient in need of healing myself.  Yes, I have moments in which I feel so very healed, but such moments are all too brief, to be followed by revelations in which I tell myself, “Terry, you know nothing.”  That may be the beginning of wisdom.  

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you can substitute the word nothing for still learning? I think it's more accurate and a much kinder way to talk to oneself. I know you help me grow on the daily and I thank you for that! :)

    ReplyDelete