Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The Distiller

Silence quenches the thirst of loneliness.  It is the distiller of the waters that nourish our sense of connection and wellbeing.  On the other hand, verbal inflation only adds to loneliness.  When silent, not sullen, or giving someone the "silent treatment" you may hear that still soft voice within that says you are OK and not so alone.  You may become comfortable with your own company.  When silent, you may tune in better with the heart to what someone else is saying.  When talking too much, verbal inflation, you become a bore.  You are too full of self to make room for others.  I try to practice silence each day so that it becomes a part of me.  This may be why my blogs are short.   Not too many words.  

1 comment:

  1. As one who is "always ready to pounce" with my take on the subject, whatever it may be, I find this type of silence to describe what I must strive to put into practice during Lent----and, hopefully, every day!

    ReplyDelete