Saturday, April 29, 2023

Apology

 Some people rarely make apologies because they are so self-centered and self-righteous.  But some people are very good at making apologies and pat themselves on the back.  Yet the reason they are so good at apology is that they have had a lot of practice.  I used to mess up and rarely apologize.  In time, I learned how to apologize for all the mess I made of the world around me.  Since I made a lot of mess, I became good at apologizing.  Well, now I would like to become good at the ability to love, selflessly, so that I don't have to practice so much at apologizing.  Some virtues are only half-way to where I want to go.  

2 comments:

  1. Hitting the pause button before I react, rather than respond, has helped tremendously...which lessens my need to apologize. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly appreciate your Homilies and Musings

    ReplyDelete