Saturday, April 15, 2023

Pride

 False pride never thinks it needs forgiveness.  Such a person is better than others, and so false pride is light on forgiveness and acceptance of others.  It condemns behavior that it judges as beneath itself and thinks that such "bad" behavior people should be punished.  That is why I admire recovery programs rather than institutional religion.  People in recovery programs go out of their way to welcome a newcomer to a gathering.  No one feels better than anyone else.  Or if they do, then they are not in recovery.  At one time or another we are all newcomers to something.  Better that it be something good.  For the newcomer, the good does not always look so good.  That is why they are newcomers.  

1 comment:

  1. I've never felt so welcome as I do in my recovery meetings and they've taught me to always have my hand available to another✨️💖✨️

    ReplyDelete