Friday, April 14, 2023

The Thought

 The thought of a drink is not the same as a desire for a drink.  When an average drinker has a thought of a drink, it does not mean that they desire the drink.  Thoughts come and go.  The unaverage drinker, the alcoholic in recovery, can have thoughts of a drink, but it might not equate with a desire for a drink.  You see alcohol at an event.  You see people drinking. It engenders thoughts, but not necessarily desires, if you are in good recovery, sobriety.  I see a clean car and I have a thought of cleaning my car, washing and soaping and polishing it.  But I don't have the desire to do it.  My car stays dirty.  Fit spiritual condition can deal with thoughts of all kinds.  Of course, if I was  really spiritually fit, I would wash my car.  Wait till Spring.  

2 comments:

  1. I loves this and the truth in the humor, too. Thank you for your amazing blog, it's a gift I look forward to every morning. 🤗

    ReplyDelete