Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Neighbor

"Love your neighbor" is what we hear in  religion and ethical circles.  Well, as someone said, your nearest neighbor is yourself.  So love yourself.  How does that go?  Easy does it.  Don't beat yourself up with over-scheduled demands.  Don't be so harsh on yourself by cluttering up your life with more things than you can realistically do.  And if you are not good at being realistic, ask someone who knows you.  After people sober up and get some recovery, they tend to try to do too much.  Then comes frustration.  Self-condemnation.  Anger.  And then bad things happen and nothing gets done from the list of projects.  I tend to make high demands upon myself.  So I am trying to become more realistic.  And sometimes my self-demands are covering up something that I really need to do but am trying to avoid.  Trudge.  

1 comment:

  1. I really connected with this, thanks for the gentle reminder. 💕

    ReplyDelete