Sunday, May 21, 2023

Attachment

People come onto retreats to face the issue of 'Non-Duality" or Oneness.  They spend countless hours in mediations, walks, readings, trying to let go of the "False Self."  Detachment is their focus, the holy grail of meditation.  Then they all go home to  garages, attics, basements, and closets, filled up with stuff that they really do not need, and sometimes don't even want.  So if you cannot detach from your ego and false self then the answer might not lie in more retreats or meditation.  I'm just sayin' for you Christians, Jesus had it all as God and then became one of us and then died naked on a cross.  I just glanced over my shoulder at my closet.  Looks like I am not much of a Jesus follower.  

1 comment:

  1. You're the best at keeping things simple and I'm so thankful for you. (...and your wit! 🤗)

    ReplyDelete