Monday, May 8, 2023

The Code

 Love and tolerance is the code by which I want to live in relation to life around me.  But I am not as consistent as I would like.  When I drift from my code I do not see the change until after the damage to myself and others.  Suddenly, I am trying to get people to do what I want them to do, or I am critiquing them for not doing what they "should" do, which is what I want them to do.  I end up comparing and contrasting myself versus others.  Of course I usually am better than they are, in my judgement.  I end up angry, resentful, and isolated.  I am getting better at catching myself before any damage is done to me or others.  I recognize my defect of character, chide myself and then get back to love and tolerance.  I can be having a "bad day" but then start it over at any time.  I like to go to bed having had a good day at that moment.  

1 comment:

  1. I love that we can start over at any time, what a gift!

    ReplyDelete