Thursday, May 18, 2023

Dependent Peace

 If my peace of mind relies on no annoyances, and my desires being completely satisfied, then my peace will be of short duration.  Such peace is quite fragile, as someone said.  Many a Christian want the Kingdom that Jesus promised, to be now, right now, today.  But Jesus seemed to remind his unfulfilled associates that his Kingdom was not of this world.  He did say it was within you.  Which means?  That you have to let go of your inner expectations and demands for your own personal happiness, at the expense of life on life's terms.  Buddha said life is suffering.  The Jews certainly suffer.  Jesus suffered.  Do I want my gods to take away my daily displeasures?  There are no such gods.  That is idol worship.  Complete satisfaction is an idol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment