Wednesday, May 31, 2023

The Negative

 Old Timers like myself remember what a photo negative is in the dark development room.  It shows the dark, shadowy image of the camera picture you took.  Expose it to the light.  The true image comes through in the light, no longer a shadowy representation.  Such is it with prayer, as one person told me.  In the deeper meditation, you enter into a spiritual light.  You then gradually take on the image of your truer self.  And as many believe, your truest image of you is that of your Creator.  You are that image, uniquely represented in you.  Even when I pray in the dark, there is the Light within that shines through me.  Eventually, if I don't get in the way with bad behavior and character defects, I will show my best self.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this visual and the way you describe your message, you are such a beacon, Father Ryan. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete