Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Problem

 From time to time I must remind myself that I am not so much the victim of what is going on in my life, as i am the problem.  For instance, my house is such a mess, or my office, or cell.  Why do I have to suffer living in this situation?  Well, ask myself when was the last time I cleaned it all up?  "I have no time," I say.  Well, that is not the room's fault.  Maybe I are trying to do too much to fill up the emptiness within me that I do not want to face or admit?  The same with a car that is become unreliable.  It is not the car's fault.  I never do any maintenance or it is all delayed maintenance.  I am the problem.  A lot of things that don't work so well, or in a faulty manner is because of the delayed maintenance.  I wait for a crisis, blame the offending part, and then finally fix or buy new.  The problem often begins and ends with me. 

1 comment:

  1. This was perfect and delivered with humor, I could laugh at myself. Thank you Father Ryan!

    ReplyDelete