Sunday, May 28, 2023

Success Anonymous

 I must admit that I have an addiction to success.  If I rob a bank and don’t get caught, it might be a moral failure, but I will not be so looked down upon as one who fails in an attempted robbery and even gets caught.  The latter is a “failure.”  Such is our culture.  Failure is worse than moral degeneracy.  Recovery programs are made up of failures.  I would rather be wonderful.  I think God understands my desire to be wonderful.  God thinks I am wonderful.  But that does not seem to appeal to me when caught in my addiction to be wonderful in the eyes of others.  This would make me a bit co-dependent too.  This is all too much work, so I think I will just accept me as God sees me.  

2 comments:

  1. Acceptance is an amazing gift as it helps us grow. Besides, what others think of me is none of my business. ;)

    ReplyDelete