Monday, September 25, 2023

MOM

 My Mom died 20 years ago today in Vero Beach, Florida.  She taught me a lot, even when I did not care to learn.  I was 60 when she died.  I said,  " What will I do without my Mom?"  She was a big part of my life with my frequent visits to Florida, especially when I lived in Knoxville, TN.  (Go Vols!)  Well, I have had 20 years to figure that out.  Had I tried to figure out life on my own self-guided tour, I would be dead now.  My solutions were, well, not solutions.  I did not replace my Mom, but I did find other guides.  For instance, everyone loses a parent sooner or later.  And many people, my favorites, learned how to live a balanced life, from first making bad decisions.  I can relate to that.  My Mom did live long enough for me to finish my 8 year term as pastor of the Campus parish in Knoxville, so I could move to Vero Beach to take care of her and Dad.  Grace at work.  

4 comments:

  1. What years were you at John XXIII in Knoxville?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that. I had a most similar experience situation with my parents.
    My father taught me the the correct way and my mother taught me the the spiritual way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father died on OCT 27, 2003 - sudden heart attack at his home in Cleveland, Ohio. I had just spent time with my Dad in August 2003 during a visit from Colorado. Our time together left a peaceful place in my Heart.

    ReplyDelete