Sunday, September 10, 2023

The Gain And Loss

 What is it to gain so much of the world of things, fame, fortune, success, if you never come to know who you really are?  Think of waking up in the morning and having the exhausting ritual of putting on, getting together, the self you want to present to the world, while all the time a nagging sense dwells in your gut.  This is the sense that you live your life as on a stage.  You perform to fit in, to be acceptable, to not make waves with any unique ideas or questions about why this is this or that is that.  Society only has expectations because society does not want to change.  It likes a certain mediocrity disguised as something important, that must be accomplished.  When I sense that I am faking it, I try not to stay in that zone for long.  I might just forget who I am, not who others want me to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment