Monday, September 4, 2023

Witnesses

Many people are looking for witnesses rather than teachers.  I have know people who are not much for teaching.  They simply are not very articulate or lack the personality to teach, but they are wonderful witnesses.  A person new to recovery goes to a meeting and remembers nothing of what is said, taught, but they do notice that there are "normal" looking successful people in the room.  I don't want what someone teaches.  I want what they live.  I can read a book, big or little, long or short.  I may say, "I can't do that."  Then I meet someone who can and does.   I often forget what I read, but I don't forget the witness.  

2 comments:

  1. I've never thought of it from that angle but it's such a truth...❤️ Thank you, Father Ryan! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Ryan, I am seeking to send you a email. Please send me a test email as you are able. James.miller@pivotindustries.net

    ReplyDelete