Friday, September 22, 2023

The Living Book

 I often hear people say to someone, "You ought to read the Bible," or "You ought to read the Big Book of AA."  Well, what if they don't or cannot for whatever reason that is beyond your judgment?  Instead of telling other people what to read of a spiritual nature, why not become that book for them?  How?  Well, beyond being able to quote some helpful passages, you might exhibit the lifestyle of one who has benefited from the reading of one of those books.  If someone says to me that I should read the Big Book, I watch their lifestyle.  If I do not see anything that I admire in transformative growth, I don't know why I would read that book based upon their recommendation or advice.  Become what you read in the spiritual life.  That is the best attraction for others.  

2 comments: