Tuesday, September 19, 2023

New Friends

 I am very fortunate.  I have lots of friends I have not yet met.  They wait to meet me when and if I move to someplace else.  More often, people fear that if they move it will be hard to make new friends.  But I look for people who are like me in something important to me.  It has to be something smaller than a church service or big social event with a lot of people.  It has to be some group where enough of them know one another to form a group, yet are eager to meet new people.  A hobby group, an avocation attraction, book club, recovery meetings are all places to make new friends.  I expect nothing from a group that comes together, but privately, for their own individual purpose but has no need to meet a new person.  A group in a movie theatre, or most Catholic coffee and donut gatherings would be this type.  

1 comment: