Friday, October 20, 2023

Gratitude

 I try to live in gratitude.  I have had unlikely beginnings that have led to some wonderful ways of living.  I tried to live "my truth" and shortly was saying, "this ain't going to work."  Just because things start off a bit rocky or uneven, or full of misfires, doesn't mean that you are on the wrong path.  It means that things are not going as you fantasized they should.  I remember doing the right thing but my attitude needed attention, and major adjustment.  I was not so grateful to be a priest, but rather I was whining that I  was not "feeling great" about being a priest in those early years.  Life did not come up to meet my fantasy or my ego or my sense of talent.  I came realize that talent develops with attitude.  Plus, people, not many, but enough, would say that I was a wonderful priest, loved, precious.  Ok. Precious might be pushing it, but you get the idea.  Gratitude.    

5 comments: