Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween!

 The one day a year I get to put on a mask, a disguise, and beg for treats is today.  In one way or another, I used to do this all the time.  Halloween is the day I am reminded to ask myself, "Terry, are you doing Halloween on a regular basis?"  Do I put on a face, a mask, disguise and act like a beggar, whining for things that do not nourish?  On the other hand, who wants to present their mood or attitude when it is all negative, selfish, angry and resentful?  So yeah, when my spiritual practice is running on empty or neglectful, I put on the mask.  At least I am charitable, not showing my nasty, blaming self to someone who does not deserve it.  But I do try to practice regular heart prayer so that I can someday have only one Halloween.  Let it be this day.  Happy Halloween!  I will be at Sacred Heart of Jesus parish sometime today in Boulder if you are bringing around treats!  I have no shame.  

No comments:

Post a Comment