Monday, October 23, 2023

The Individual

Do you want to do your own thing, be your unique individual self?  Sounds pretty good, right?  Maybe not.  I have been impressed by people who decided to be of maximum service to others.  That is the "fit" they wanted.  They called it a fit spiritual way of life.  They are willing and do, give up, things that are part of who they are, so that they can be of service to someone who really needs help.  And many who need help don't even know how much help or what kind of help they need.  The rewards of service are not always so immediate and obvious.  As selfish as I am, I have given up of myself for others, with the outcome unknown or not suited to what I hoped or expected.  So what.  It helped me to be a better person.  I don't always know how to do that when I am all about my own agenda 24/7.  And sometimes the maximum service has surprising results, in a good way.   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this timely reminder that "it's not about me"!

    ReplyDelete