Sunday, October 15, 2023

Wait

 I am at the ocean shore.  I got up early to look out at the clear sky, no fog coming off the Pacific.  Sea Ranch.  I walk outside in the dark and look up.  A few bright stars reveal themselves.  Couple of planets. Orions Belt and such.  But I thought I would see more stars.  Wait!  That is right, just wait.  Let the eyes adjust to the dark.  Soon enough more stars appear, the shy ones.  They want to know I care enough to wait, be patient.  God’s magnificence sparkles the sky.  My prayer: “God, why do I ignore you so much?  And why do I not trust that you have my back?  You are always here in my midst ready to be discovered anew, if I just wait.  Be patient, like you are patient.”  Little me.  Big sky.  Bigger universe.  Look up on a dark night.  It can humble you.  

2 comments:

  1. Love this message and love that you are at Sea Ranch, hopefully with your sister!✨️💖✨️

    ReplyDelete