Monday, October 30, 2023

Nothing

 Once I realized that I was next to nothing without God, I was able to lower my expectations.  I lowered what I thought I could do on my own but raised my expectations, my faith and hope, in what God could do if I did not interfere through my self-willed bad behavior.  I used to live with "unrealized desires."  I call these things fantasies.  I preferred to dally in fantasy than to live in the real world of my human imperfections.  Alone, I lacked power to become the best me.  Fortunately, I lacked the darkness to become the worst me.  The world of human ups and downs, striking out a few times too many.  Now I realize that I do not have to do this life alone.  I find that there is a power to fill in and at times to just carry me along, clueless as I might be.  I find my God power in prayer, other people, service, reading, and some good healthy life style habits I learned along the way.  

1 comment: