Sunday, October 29, 2023

Unique Word

 You don't need to try and become unique to show how spiritually evolved you are.  Take the word, "GOD."  I get that a lot of people have issues with this word because it reminds them of some negative experiences in their past.  But other people refrain from using the GOD word because they don't want to seem spiritually immature to those around them who belittle the word.  If the word God means something positive to you then why not just use it?  Might make for humility in a world where so many of us want to fit in.  I might say to someone who does not like that word, to substitute something else and I give some examples: Ultimate Reality, The One, Energy Fount, Source of All.  But I am comfortable with God as a term and simply use it saying it is the term from my tradition.  I don't apologize for my path.  Our uniqueness is more in our actions, manner, than in the words we use.  Erudite discussions are not transformation.  

2 comments:

  1. I have a good friend who uses the term "great Spirit" - I have no trouble with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine love or father-, mother god for those who want a more feminine appellation

    ReplyDelete