Monday, June 6, 2011

The Light

When I look out my window in midday I see all these yellow flowers (some call them weeds) speckling the lawn. It is quite beautiful in the sunshine. But when I look out in the early morning before the sun has come up to shine on the lawn, I see no yellow colors. The flowers are still there but need the light of the sun to reveal them.
The sun is like the light of Christ for my flowering soul. If I am to shine brightly with all that I am, I need the light of Christ. For this I take time in prayer. Without allowing the light of Christ to shine on my soul, I will be present but dull. I certainly will not reveal all that God made me to be.
So when I look out the window each morning this early summer, I am reminded, "Did I sit in the Light yet today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment