Saturday, June 18, 2011

Losing My Mind

In Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians, he says, "We have the mind of Christ." I suddenly realized what the phrase, "Losing My Mind," really means. Every time that I do not act or think like Jesus, I no longer have the mind of Christ. I have this other mind that is selfish, fearful, jealous/envious, judgmental and gossipy to name a few thoughts and actions I go through when I have lost the mind of Christ.
The Good News is that I really do have the mind of Christ, but seem to lose it or put it aside while I go off on some tangent, which would be sin. To lose the mind of Christ is to enter into the world of sin. Though I seem to be in that world a lot of the time, I can still come back to the mind of Christ.
I can say a prayer, "Oh God come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me." Or as God says, "Be still and know that I am God." So maybe the inner life of the soul, is one of Recovery. I try several times each day to recover my lost mind of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment