Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Broken Heart

"Arriety" is a wonderful movie. A boy has a weak heart. Doctors, science, says it is a physical thing. He is lonely, and without hope too. He is accepting "fate" that he will die soon. He meets someone very different from himself. The punchline is, "My heart will be OK because you are in it." Relationship changed him. He did not isolate, condemn, judge or ignore this very different person, and it made all the difference in his life. See the movie.

A broken heart is one that seems to have no one at home. At that moment you simply cannot believe that anyone cares. Alone, hopeless, no energy to go on, expecting nothing good, are some of the experiences of the broken heart. God is the experience of being loved. God is very different than me. But very close too. I had a broken heart. I still have scars, but was stitched whole by Love. Just because someone does not show me love, or ignores me, or rejects me, does not mean that I am NOT Loved. I have come to realize it is simply their opinion. God is a second opinion. I am Loved with my wounds.

2 comments:

  1. "Et erit unus Christus seipsum Amans."
    St. Augustine

    ReplyDelete