Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Seize the Moment

I went out for my morning run before dawn in San Francisco. I had planned to do some speed work on a wooden boardwalk. The Bay Bridge is closed for a few days for some construction. Streets I avoid because of traffic were empty of vehicles. I seized the opportunity to run on these streets. Hills were included. I powered up the hills, legs on fire, knowing I was getting a good, but unplanned workout in new neighborhoods. I will not get to do this particular workout again for some time.

In prayer, I have a plan when I begin. Then something is offered. I was going to meditate on a reading, or read some psalms. I stop my plan. There is a Presence. I seize the moment and rest in the quiet. I did not read the book or psalms. I did not do the speed workout either. I did get a wonderful workout and a wonderful prayer. Are you flexible today?

No comments:

Post a Comment