Thursday, February 2, 2012

Full Cup

If I am holding a things or two all in one hand, I tend not to add a full cup of coffee to carry. I might take a half cup so as to limit the possibility of tilting the cup and coffee pouring out onto me or the floor. If I were cold and shivering, I would not pour a full cup of hot beverage so as not to spill some.

A full versus half cup is a good metaphor. If I have too many things going on in my life all at once, an overflowing calendar, you might say, I am likely to make a mess of my life. So I try to keep my schedule as if it were a cup. Don't fill it up all the way. There might be "more" things I could cram into a day, but I would just make a mess of the day. Why should I become a mess? Jesus already saved the world. Leave a bit for the Holy Spirit to do unaided.

No comments:

Post a Comment