Friday, February 17, 2012

A Purpose

Running is good for living. Every run should have a specific purpose, not a general purpose such as good health, or ability to fit into your clothes. I have to listen to both my body and my mind each morning. Today, my body was ready to go and do interval speed work. My mind, my spirit was bored with running. Today's goal changed from intervals on my usual course, to a focus on enjoying my run. I ran a steady pace, but in a new direction. I explored a route that I had not run in a long time. I ran out onto a long pier and when I turned back toward the city I saw the skyline all lit up in the early morning dark. Later in the run I saw the dawn sky beginning to show some colors ahead of a rising sun. When I finished, I was refreshed. It was a "good" run.

When you make plans for your day, do you listen to all parts of yourself? Who won out in your decision to do what you are doing today? If you are restless, irritable and discontented, I suspect you are ignoring some signals. Plus, you may not be very likable today. If you do not like you why should anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment