Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I remember when this was an important day for me in terms of relationship with someone. When I was rather immature, I would do special things for my beloved. Why? So that I would get something that I wanted. I never saw it then. People who are self-absorbed usually don't know it. I said that "I was in love." But with whom? I was in love with me getting, having, being something that this person could or should provide me. This person did not know it was their job description. I would never admit it.

You say, "Shocking!" Well, why are you involved in religion or God-relationship? You want to please God? You want to sacrifice your wants, comforts, priorities, for God's will? What about those dark times, "dark nights" as mystics call them, when God seems to be absent, or not caring about your predicament. Do you stay in the relationship, continue to show up, stay committed? Let's wish God a Happy Valentine, and ask for nothing but God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment