Thursday, February 16, 2012

False Perfect

What if your parents tell you that you are wonderful and perfect or at least shower you with praise on how well you are doing, while all the time you are trying to hide imperfections so as not to burst their bubble? What if your teachers give you good grades when you know that your work is mediocre? By the time you are into your late teens to mid-twenties, you sense that your life is a lie. Who knows the real me? And who would love me if they knew me as I know myself, warts and all?

God gets a bad rap too. The preacher says that God loves you if you are good, and punishes if you are bad. Your problem is that you know that you are imperfect and don't really have any models to tell you, (a) God loves you as you are, and (b) How to move from you character faults, bad habits, mediocrity, to become all you were made to be. No one teaches a life of transformation in all this.

1 comment:

  1. Someone told me you were on the dog-meat racing team in Boulder, Co. in the mid 1980's. PETA wants to know where the dogs came from. I Remember you saying after being asked if you still run? Your answered--do I still breathe!

    ReplyDelete