Monday, March 18, 2013

Heaven or God?

Which do you want?  You say, if you get one you get both.  Hold on.  Your idea of heaven is simply your idea of heaven.  It probably has all the things you want.  And you get all these things you want by being good or more good than bad.  So this heaven is a combo of selfishness, what you want, and ethics, about doing good or avoiding bad.  Nothing here about developing an intimate relationship with God.  You probably have your own personal idea who that is too.  It really is an eternity reflecting you.  My suggestion is to skip trying to get to heaven since you have no idea what it is like.  Develop a relationship with God, which requires prayer of listening and then selfless love will follow.  Heaven then will take care of itself.  Atheists can do ethics.  But they won't become Christ.  They won't become fire.  Deep prayer into the unknown is too hard, demanding, at times boring, so most of us would skip it.  To meet God is enough for me.  

2 comments:

  1. When you develop a routine of deep prayer and listening, you meet God, when I have tried it, my brain gets spaghetti? What am I missing? Why the disconnect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Is there a system to becoming Christ? I like to call myself a Christian, but my atheist friends seem just as caring and giving and ethical and Christ-like as me.

    ReplyDelete