Sunday, March 3, 2013

Who Enters?

Instead of saying that Jesus enters into us at the time of receiving communion, let us say that we enter into Jesus.  Too often we want Jesus to come into our mess and fix it or fix us.  We want our world to change by his presence.  But if I see myself as entering into the Presence, the Kingdom, then I bring all of me into this world of God.  I don't try to change anything.  I simply enter into the otherness and let it become anything but "other."  Then when I sit down, I just want to enjoy the Jesus world, and let God be God.  Too often, when we think of the Eucharist, we think of it as God out there who I want to get inside of me.  Rather, in this new notion, I simply want to get into the kingdom and be.  It becomes a little bit like C. S. Lewis and entering through the wardrobe closet.  You never know what you will find when you enter into the Kingdom.  But you have to be willing to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment